New Internet Service - Down Already and Frustrated
MayKe314
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello-

I upgraded yesterday to a faster speed which required new equipment, tech was awesome and everything worked. Woke up this morning and services are down. I chatted with a rep who had me do the usual reboots, when that didn't work they said there was a known outage and disconnected. I waited a few hours, past the expected restoral time and then called..

Call at 10:26 - Great rep, helpful. Said that I was not impacted by an outage and scheduled a technician

11:00 - Text from automated service at verizon saying I was part of an outage and my visit is cancelled

Call at 11:30 - Rep unsure of anything, said there was too much technical jargon in the notes and I probably wouldn't have a technician

Call at 11:45 - Automated system says my technician is on their way and will be here between noon and 2pm

Automated checks online show me 3 different things depending on the screen I access from, 1) TV on Demand is down but will be back at 3, I have no tv service anyway. 2) All services are down and will be back by 9pm. 3) Services are down and will be back up by 10:25pm.

Sorry for the long winded rant, all I really want is a clear answer about whether a tech is on their way or not and whether I am grouped into the outage or not. I strongly doubt it is an outage as the most knowledgeable of the reps agreed, especially with new equipment just being installed.

Super frustrated, long time customer without ever having an outage I can remember.

PLEASE HELP

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Internet Service - Down Already and Frustrated
MayKe314
Enthusiast - Level 1

Internet service is back on after trying another reboot. I guess it was an outage, glad I was able to figure it out. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: New Internet Service - Down Already and Frustrated
MayKe314
Enthusiast - Level 1

Internet service is back on after trying another reboot. I guess it was an outage, glad I was able to figure it out. 

0 Likes