Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
New Router
yolo105

I have 100/100 mbps plan with only Internet and phone and don't plan to get TV in the future. The current setup is ONT to MI424WR via Coax. I want to buy a new router as a replacement of the current verizon one that I have without needing to change from COAX to ethernet. Can I just grab a ethernet cable, and connect it from the Verizon router's LAN ports to the New routers WAN ports, and disable WIFI on the Verizon Router, making the Verizon router a moca adapter?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Router
Edg1
Super User
Super User

Yes. You can also just connect a wireless access point to the MI424WR. That will be cheaper than a router and won’t cause a double NAT. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Super User
Super User

Yes. You can also just connect a wireless access point to the MI424WR. That will be cheaper than a router and won’t cause a double NAT. 

0 Likes
yolo105

Ok Thanks!

0 Likes
yolo105

Do I need to do anything such as renewing/releasing lease? Or a simple reboot would be fine?

0 Likes
Edg1
Super User
Super User

No. If connecting a wireless access point it will be plug and play. The Verizon router will give it an IP like any other device. If you connect a router you’ll typically have to download the app to set it up. Set it up in AP mode. 

0 Likes