No internet, phone, or cable
Geralt1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, so I've been without internet for 4 days. Had a storm and everything went out.  I did see that a truck came out but nothing was ever fixed.

I've rebooted ONT, checked cables, called the Verizon cust serv line and been on hold for 2 hours. I've used the automated tech options and rebooted that way. I think this is a line issue and not the router and equipment but I don't know how to get Verizon to respond and send somebody. If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be appreciated. The lights on my router show the power amd battery light gree, blinking red fail light, and red video light.  Network light is off.

Thank you,

Geralt

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No internet, phone, or cable
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjones wrote:

Go to this forum

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

they are far superior to twitter which if you read the twitter feeds they are of no help.

the Verizon direct forum is the social media team and actually do a good job.

Twitter, Verizon Direct on DSLreports and the escalations on this site all go to the exact same Verizon support team.  Once you connect with them, they will direct you to a private chat to gather the specifics of the issue and personal information.

I suggest people choose between Verizon Direct and Twitter based on if they like to post or tweet.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need to contact support.

I have found Twitter @verizonsupport to be helpful. They are 24x7.

Or you can also reach out via FB

Geralt1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you CRob for the help!

I messaged verizon support on twitter and still no response. I received my call back that I rescheduled today for 1PM and guess what?! No actual person, no jump in the line, just right back in the hold pile. Who knows how long I will end up waiting...freaking horrible. Create an expectation of good Customer Service and then pull the rug out.

I just want a real response from a real person with a timeline of action. I understand what we're all going through and respect the long waits. However my whole family is doing work and school from home and can't do what they need to do.Ive used all your automated tools, reboot ONT etc. There has to be someplace where I will get a real response. Just...we hear you and we'll send somebody. Something! Very bad Verizon. I feel sorry for you guys. 

I hope some action will be taken to send out someone.

Thanks,

• Geralt
0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Go to this forum

they are far superior to twitter which if you read the twitter feeds they are of no help.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjones wrote:

Go to this forum

Twitter, Verizon Direct on DSLreports and the escalations on this site all go to the exact same Verizon support team.  Once you connect with them, they will direct you to a private chat to gather the specifics of the issue and personal information.

I suggest people choose between Verizon Direct and Twitter based on if they like to post or tweet.

Geralt1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the help. So far the private chat is just another long wait. Wow, didn't know a company could be this bad. Everything has been rebooted now all I have are a green power light, green battery light, blinking red fail light, red video light, and no network light. I'm starting to feel like Verizon is one big blinking red fail light...lol Come on could someone with verizon please respond? Just got a switch Xfinity promo in the mail...maybe it's time. Lol

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Geralt wrote:

Come on could someone with verizon please respond?

This site is more of a peer to peer site, but I will tell a mod/an admin that you need att/help.