Old, Old Web Pages Needed to be Removed !!!
peg4billh

How can I get old, old "home1.gte.net" web pages removed from the web server?!?  The links for this website/pages still appear when conducting a Google search.  These need to be removed as they cause confusion to which is the updated new website?!?  All help is much appreciated!  Thank you!!

0 Likes
Re: Old, Old Web Pages Needed to be Removed !!!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apparently that address is kept in service for indexing or legacy purposes. They point to the same servers that run http://mysite.verizon.net/xxxxxxx so to speak, so whatever you change in SiteBuilder reflects in there.

To have that shut off would probably have to be a company-wide decision for Verizon. From there, it would have to be De-indexed by the search engines and users would have to change any potential homepages they may have using the older, legacy addresses.

0 Likes
Re: Old, Old Web Pages Needed to be Removed !!!
peg4billh

Thank you much for the reply.  Sounds reasonable!  But I am no longer with Verizon for any products/services, so thought perhaps I could get these removed someway.  I do not remember paths/passwords at all to delete anything myself.  Guess I could put forth the effort to contact someone in the company directly myself, either via telephone or mail -- IF I could figure the department to contact!?!  Thanks again for your reply!

0 Likes