On hold for more than 2 HOURS!
Broker2

We have no internet and tv right now.  On hold for 2+ hours and haven't talked to any one yet.  This is the worst customer service experience so far!  Even Comcast wasn't this bad.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On hold for more than 2 HOURS!
jonjones1
Legend

You could call again out of the que. it would be a gamble as far as wait times.

while you are waiting you could simply unplug your router and count to 30 and plug it back in. After it boots back up then try the connections again.

you could try this site for tech support.  https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

From a cell phone or try the support option at twitter from your phone.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You could call again out of the que. it would be a gamble as far as wait times.

while you are waiting you could simply unplug your router and count to 30 and plug it back in. After it boots back up then try the connections again.

you could try this site for tech support.  https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

From a cell phone or try the support option at twitter from your phone.

Good Luck

0 Likes
joe-nyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

misery loves company Smiley Tongue

http://downdetector.com/status/verizon

when you are down and there are long hold times

that may be indicitive of an area wide outage.

if my isp acts up, i try to check online before calling

and then i call a day later to get a courtesy credit

for being down the previous day.  it's only a few bucks,

but it's a way to hold the isp accountable for their faults.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would follow everyone else's suggestions.

Also in the future, if you do have access to an Internet source (phone, hotspot, etc) I would advise you to try the online chat support. I've personally found that it often has pretty quick response times.

Over 3 hours on hold and waiting....
Sidnj

Does FIOS have tech support nowadays?  Over 3 hours on hold and no answer.   FIOS worst  customer service experience I have ever experienced.    Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Likes
Re: Over 3 hours on hold and waiting....
jonjones1
Legend

@Sidnj wrote:

Does FIOS have tech support nowadays?  Over 3 hours on hold and no answer.   FIOS worst  customer service experience I have ever experienced.    Anyone else experiencing this?

Many times during holiday seasons the tech and customer service people are short staffed. You should call between 8 am until 5 pm eastern daylight time for best service.

if you are in a different time zone adjust accordingly.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have found twitter support to be helpful and fairly responsive.

try @verizonsupport

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are not that short staffed.  But not all departments are manned 24/7.  Things like billing are not available.  Certain advanced tech areas that you rarely would directly talk to are also not manned 24/7.   If possible on a technical problem, try and get a problem number before getting handed off, in case the next department is not answering. which helps if you have to hang up and call back.

Certainly the first call , if you didn't want billing, should answer in much less time.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes