Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Ordered 35/35 and was told by support I can't get it
TC95CU
Enthusiast

I upgraded my Internet to 35/35 and support has been unable to make it work.  After going through 3 separate techs I've pretty much given up.  For a brief time I saw 48 down and 20 up, but this didn't last long and now it's back to 20/20.  Last night while on with support I got 38/7 at the ONT and was told this was the best they could do.  When I questioned why I wasn't getting at least the 20 I had been seeing instead of 7 I was told the 7 was as good as it gets.  Considering I was seeing 48 down for a brief time it is my belief that something is still messed up on the Verizon side or with the ONT, but Verizon support doesn't seem to agree.

Re: Ordered 35/35 and was told by support I can't get it
SteveP2
Contributor

Were you wired or wireless when you did the testing. Be aware that 20 is about the best you can ask from a wireless connection running on a wireless G signal. If you upgrade to a wireless N access point then it is possible to get better.

Steve

0 Likes
TC95CU
Enthusiast

I was wired

0 Likes
smith6612
Super User
Super User

What model ONT do you currently have installed? I know there's an issue with a particular Alcatel model that cannot handle more than a certain amount of upload. With that ONT if you have it, it needs to be replaced to even get the upload on the 35/35 package. Besides that, it seems the lack of upload was due to the operating system not having a big enough buffer for the speed.

Otherwise, something is messed up on Verizon's end. 43Mbps down certainly sounds like the 35Mbps package.

0 Likes
TC95CU
Enthusiast

ONT is a 1000JI

0 Likes
SteveP2
Contributor

That sounds like an original ONT. How long have you had Fios?

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master

@SteveP wrote:

That sounds like an original ONT.

No, it's not.  It's a GPON ONT.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master

just wanted to drop in on the convo....the particular ONT is a Motorola ONT so it wouldn't have the issue your thinking of....At best for wireless I can seem to get on my personal fios connection is a paltry 26mb down and 23 up, however, you were hard wired so I would have to look at some other avenues such as when did this start happening? And just some general stuff  regarding router if your on full duplex or whatnot.

0 Likes
MrsMark
Enthusiast

I have 35/35 internet and I use to love it.  As u can see, i said Used to!!!!  I was paying for extra internet since the beginning of my account. It use to cost me 19.99 for speed upgrade.  Then they placed it in a package. 

Well as of 6 months ago I am not getting anything near 35/35.  since Nov 2011 I have switched 3 routers. In a two week period Techs have come to my home and I have called verizon with issues over 30 times. 

Tech support have upset me greatly because they auto assume I am clueless.  They have blamed my equipment (computers) and even suggested that although I pay for 35/35 that the speed i was getting was acceptable 23/17 hardwired!!!!!  I know they can't see me threw the phone but prehaps they hear idoit in my voice. 

I was considering upgrading my speed.  Tech support suggested that.  But if u can't give me 35/35 which I pay for.....why would they provide me with anything faster?  I am tired of complaining.  I am on this site tonight because i have asked tech support have others complained of such issues and they have stated that I was the only one.  Well imagine my surprise to read that the problems I complain about.....many others are complaining about also?  I am not happy and at 180.00 a month you would think I could at least get what I pay for. 

I have ran test that showed 9/7 and all the tech said was thats your computer.  so he hooked his computer to my router and there was no speed at all.  It dropped just as I had been telling them one of the issues were.  So of course another excuse on my end had to be the issue.  I would lol but it's no longer funny. 

0 Likes