Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Overpaid last bill - how do I get my refund?
Emilie3

I recently cancelled my verizon service and overpaid my last bill because my account is showing a $50+ credit.  How do I receive my refund for overpaying?

0 Likes
Re: Overpaid last bill - how do I get my refund?
jonjones1
Legend

@Emilie wrote:

I recently cancelled my verizon service and overpaid my last bill because my account is showing a $50+ credit.  How do I receive my refund for overpaying?

1-800-VERIZON 

make a note of the time and date of the call. Get all the names of the people you speak with. Tell them of the overpayment and the amount, and that you want it back ASAP.

you will get a song and dance about getting it back. They will tell you that it takes 8-10 weeks to get a refund etc. if you paid by credit card call your card insurer and ask for a charge back. This way you get the money immediately from MasterCard, Visa or American Express. If you paid by debit card call your bank or credit union and fill out the form they request and they will also credit your account.

if you paid by cash or check you will have to wait for your money. Never pay by cash or check nor use any auto pay for any account.

Good Luck 

0 Likes