Payments being cancelled without my knowledge
rachael12345

I'm lost on who to ask about this, so I decided to post on here. I just recently switch to Verizon from Comcast for my internet services and I'm wondering if I made the right choice... I received my first bill from Verizon, which I paid online, and then the bills stopped coming. I then got an email saying I had an overdue bill, so I paid that as well. At that point, I contacted Verzion who said they would make sure I got paper bills from then on. I did not. Today I got an email saying they were going to suspend my service. I called to ask about this, and it turns out Verizon had messed up my mailing address (somehow in the middle of my service? And it is the same as my service address, so I do not know how that happened). The agent on the phone also informed me that my previous payment had not been processed. Having no clue about this, I went to my online account and found in my billing history that my 2 previous payments had been cancelled (NOT by me). I had no idea about this, did not know I owed any money, and now this is affecting my credit with Verizon. I do not know why my payments were cancelled, OR why I was not informed about it. I tried paying my bill online with a card, I hope they don't cancel that without telling me as well. Can a Verizon employee help me with this issue? Or has this happened to anyone else? Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Payments being cancelled without my knowledge
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes