Problems connecting FiOs to Xbox Live/EA Servers
etauth

I recently switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios. We had a Netgear wnr2000v3 router at the time. I was able to connect fine to XBL and play fifa online as well. However since switching to Fios and the MI424WR-GEN3I router, I have noticed that I can still connect to XBL however the gaming connection is terrible. Most of the time while trying to play fifa I am either not able to get into a game (message: opponent could not be found) or if i do, there is terrible lag followed often by a disconnection from the ea servers. My computer connection is fine, even better than it was before, but I have not been able to pinpoint the origin of this problem. I have port forwarded the ports that are supposed to help xbox connection, as well as additional ones suggested by EA (https://help.ea.com/article/what-online-ports-should-i-open-for-fifa-13), but nothing seems to be working. I'm not sure if I am correctly port forwarding or what the problem is. Hopefully someone can help. Here is what my 'port forwarding' looks like on my router page: 

new-host-3             |                Destination Ports 53                |              All Broadband Devices        |   Active
                                  |                TCP Any -> 53                            |                                                               |             

|                UDP Any -> 53                           |                                                               |

and etc. for all other suggested ports.

Thanks a lot to whoever can help me with this

0 Likes
Re: Problems connecting FiOs to Xbox Live/EA Servers
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you do not have FIOS TV, then you could do option #4 at http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

0 Likes
Re: Problems connecting FiOs to Xbox Live/EA Servers
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes