Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Problems connecting FiOs to Xbox Live/EA Servers
etauth

I recently switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios. We had a Netgear wnr2000v3 router at the time. I was able to connect fine to XBL and play fifa online as well. However since switching to Fios and the MI424WR-GEN3I router, I have noticed that I can still connect to XBL however the gaming connection is terrible. Most of the time while trying to play fifa I am either not able to get into a game (message: opponent could not be found) or if i do, there is terrible lag followed often by a disconnection from the ea servers. My computer connection is fine, even better than it was before, but I have not been able to pinpoint the origin of this problem. I have port forwarded the ports that are supposed to help xbox connection, as well as additional ones suggested by EA (https://help.ea.com/article/what-online-ports-should-i-open-for-fifa-13), but nothing seems to be working. I'm not sure if I am correctly port forwarding or what the problem is. Hopefully someone can help. Here is what my 'port forwarding' looks like on my router page: 

new-host-3             |                Destination Ports 53                |              All Broadband Devices        |   Active
                                  |                TCP Any -> 53                            |                                                               |             

|                UDP Any -> 53                           |                                                               |

and etc. for all other suggested ports.

Thanks a lot to whoever can help me with this

0 Likes
Re: Problems connecting FiOs to Xbox Live/EA Servers
dslr595148
Super User
Super User

If you do not have FIOS TV, then you could do option #4 at http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

0 Likes
Re: Problems connecting FiOs to Xbox Live/EA Servers
LawrenceC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes