Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Quantum router slow and poor range
duanesutter
Enthusiast

Using the 5G on my fairly new Quantum router as we speak. 2 bars compared to my Archer C9 as well as my neighbor’s (!) 4 bars. My speed? .81 Down/7.26 Up. I’m paying for 75/75. When I connect to my Archer router? 82.5 up & 79.6 down. What gives Verizon? Thankfully I got the router free with the speed upgrade, but WOW, what a piece of crap. And you charge people $200 for it?

0 Likes
Re: Quantum router slow and poor range
jonjones1
Legend

@duanesutter wrote:

Using the 5G on my fairly new Quantum router as we speak. 2 bars compared to my Archer C9 as well as my neighbor’s (!) 4 bars. My speed? .81 Down/7.26 Up. I’m paying for 75/75. When I connect to my Archer router? 82.5 up & 79.6 down. What gives Verizon? Thankfully I got the router free with the speed upgrade, but WOW, what a piece of crap. And you charge people $200 for it?

Just use the archer and if you bought the Quantum just put it away. If rented return it in person to a Fios store near you.

its $150 to purchase or $10 a month to rent.

0 Likes
duanesutter
Enthusiast

Still need it for the DVR service.

0 Likes
Edg1
Super User
Super User

Turn you Archer C9 a wireless access point. 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1199/

After that login to the Quantum router and disable the wifi. 

jonjones1
Legend

The other poster answered this. However if you place in access point mode you still get dinged for verizons router rental. 

0 Likes
fiosuser219
Enthusiast

I believe this poster mentioned he got the router free with a speed upgrade. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@fiosuser219 wrote:

I believe this poster mentioned he got the router free with a speed upgrade. 

I Believe you are correct. So having it in AP mode would work as I mentioned.

0 Likes