Reactivating Fios
Talc4

So I have a Quantum fios router, and I have been trying to reactivate it. How ever it would be under a different account then it was originally set up with. So when I go and try to set up a new plan, It wants to sent me a new router. I still have accessing to the current router after resetting it and was able to login and play with settings but off course its only LAN at the moment. So my question is can I just use the current one I have and just have active Internet after paying for it or do I need to wait 5 days for the same router to come and and activate it?

0 Likes
Re: Reactivating Fios
jonjones1
Legend

@Talc4 wrote:

So I have a Quantum fios router, and I have been trying to reactivate it. How ever it would be under a different account then it was originally set up with. So when I go and try to set up a new plan, It wants to sent me a new router. I still have accessing to the current router after resetting it and was able to login and play with settings but off course its only LAN at the moment. So my question is can I just use the current one I have and just have active Internet after paying for it or do I need to wait 5 days for the same router to come and and activate it?

Although I am a little confused on what your saying let me see if this helps.

an original router that was on one account and turned off or deactivated would have to be re activated via calling 1-800-VERIZON so as to have verizon place it on your account. (Even if it actually belongs to you) I would suspect this is a safety feature due to routers being stolen or customers not returning routers after termination of service.

if your service is active, you could use your own router and when you obtain your dns it registers the router on their service.

Good Luck

0 Likes