Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Recent issues w/PS3 connection - need to update Westell 7500 DSL Modem/Router?
wyldfyre113

About 2 weeks ago, I suddenly cannot connect to my PS3 anymore.  Called PSN, and they said it is a verizon issue, and that I need to update my modem's firmware and lower the firewall. I figured out how to lower the firewall, but I'm afraid to update the firmware without step-by step help because I heard it can screw up and then I would totally lose my internet.  Right now, the computers connect fine, its just the PS3.  Anyone else had this issue? I looked at the firmware version I have, and its version 2, and Westell has up to versionh 4 for that modem. I also heard that you need to have  your computer on a wired connection to the modem when you update or it will screw up mid-update because the wireless temporarily shuts off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to call verizon but they didn't seem to understand how to update a modem.  Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Re: Recent issues w/PS3 connection - need to update Westell 7500 DSL Modem/Router?
dslr595148
Super User
Super User

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play OR to Advanced -> UPnP (which exer exist in the router)

#2 If you do not have at least two special computers that support UPnP where you can not define the ports that they use, turn off Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).

A perfect example. At least two game consoles. Any two (Two Xboxes, two Playstations, One Xbox and one Playstation).

#3 In the router go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution OR to Advanced -> Private LAN (which ever exist in your router).

#4 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

0 Likes