Replacement G1100 Router - Ethernet ports still don’t work correctly
ScuseMe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

With my original G1100, everything was great until around November 2019, when Netflix streaming from my Ethernet-connected FireTV stick would drop. After a few minutes, the connection would come back. This problem continued sporadically until it became a daily occurrence. Verizon replaced the G1100 thinking it had bad Ethernet ports, since the connection light was flashing, but no data was being sent.

I received the new G1100 this past week and installed it. Unfortunately my Ethernet problem still exists. WiFi works great, but there’s no data being sent over Ethernet even though the connector lights flash green like it's sending and receiving data. I also have my Windows 10 PC to the G1100, but the connection drops there too.

It’s hard for me to believe that two G1100’s would have problems with their Ethernet ports, so I’m wondering if a firmware change caused my problem. Or possibly a new setting needs to be changed.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Michael

FiOS G1100
Firmware - 02.02.00.16

Hardware Version - 1.04

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Replacement G1100 Router - Ethernet ports still don’t work correctly
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like you've ruled out the router.  That leaves the Ethernet cable and the Firestick as potential problems.

Cables can go bad; try replacing it first.

If you've another Ethernet device, plug it into the same cable and router port.  If it works, that suggests an issue with the Firestick.  If it doesn't work, again, try another cable.

Good Luck..

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like you've ruled out the router.  That leaves the Ethernet cable and the Firestick as potential problems.

Cables can go bad; try replacing it first.

If you've another Ethernet device, plug it into the same cable and router port.  If it works, that suggests an issue with the Firestick.  If it doesn't work, again, try another cable.

Good Luck..

ScuseMe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry it took so long to answer; I had an unexpected trip out of town.

You were right, it is the cable. Unfortunately it’s run in the wall, so I need to do some manual work to replace it. 

Thanks for your reply.