Restore Netflix access
loyalnomore
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon CEO and management,

I have been a loyal Fios customer for many years, spruning efforts by so many cable companies etc. to switch to their products. Just two months ago I paid more to upgrade from 35/35m to 75/35m service because you kept sending flyers saying for houses with video streaming this was the best option since we use Netflix regularly. And now for the past one month my Netflix has been completely throttled - it freezes every few minutes and always stays SD, never goes HD. While I like Fios, I don't need this speed if I cannot access Netflix. Pleae do whatever it takes to make sure Netflix streams well on Fios because right now I feel my loyalty to Fios is really being tested by your actions.

Hope you do the right thing fo ryour customers, thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Restore Netflix access
mirme
Enthusiast - Level 1
Completely agree -- I was happy with my FIOS service until they started this fight with Netflix. My streaming video quality is noticeably worse. I'm seriously considering jumping to Comcast Xfinity because they are bound by the FCC to follow net neutrality rules until 2018 as a condition of the NBC Universal merger. Verizon needs to pay attention to this or they're going to begin losing a lot of customers. Netflix has more subscribers than HBO in the U.S. now and a lot of people are subscribing to broadband services like FIOS because of Netflix.
anonFios
Contributor - Level 2
alinux
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cant wait for Verizon to allow me to enjoy my shows, with ever increasing BW speeds online streaming is the next norm, I have to use VPN to jump over the Verizon throttle fences http://thevpn.guru/netflix-streaming-problems-verizon/ at least I get BBC Iplayer and all Netflix regions now. 

sirkenneth1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been with Verizon for 5+ years and pay them $2400/year for phone/tv/internet services. Verizon has 10 days to fix this Netflix issue before I leave for another provider. This is a completely unacceptable way to appreciate customers. Would any other world-class brand punish its customers to spite its suppliers??

0 Likes
Netflix - Net Neutrality
Scott_P1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Stop holding your customers hostage to force Netflix to pay for bandwidth, and force us to pay for Quantum.

We do have other options.

Re: Netflix - Net Neutrality
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

I believe the biggest insult is Verizon's "dead silent" response to its subscribers complaints regarding the peer-to-peer network congestion Verizon has fostored over its dispute with Netflix service for Super HD video streaming.

Verizon's  intransigent attitude towards Net Neutrality may compel me to cancel my membership with Netflix but I will not subscribe to Redbox Instant as an alternative.

0 Likes
leenak
Enthusiast - Level 1

Considering Comcast has just made an agreement with Netflix, we are most likely changing to Comcast.  

0 Likes
jlo6

Completely agree this is poor behavior by this vendor.... I await some communication from Verizon on how this issue can be resolved.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually Verizon expects that now that Netflix has given in to Comcast, that an agreement will soon be reached.  See

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57619463-93/at-t-verizon-may-join-comcast-in-netflix-streaming-deal...

To a large part Netflix gave in because of the pressure that Verizon spearheaded.  Comcast and AT&T essentially let Verizon take the heat while also claiming Cogent was not a peer.

0 Likes