Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Router Transmitting on different channels.
hmwolke

Hello.

I have a video baby monitor that transmits on a digital network and is interfering with my Verizon router. How can I configure my wireless router to transmit on channels other than the ones listed below?

Channel A: 2.410 GHz
Channel B: 2.441 GHz
Channel C: 2.468 GHz

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Router Transmitting on different channels.
viafax999
Super User
Super User

changing the broadcast channel is under Wireless, Basic Security Settings in router admin.

You have a choice of 1 - 11 or automatic, I have no idea what the frequencies are, maybe somebody else can help you with that or just try them 1 by 1 and see what works

jumpin68ny
Master

Wireless LAN in the Verizon Router should use one of the following channels.  This is the frequency of each channel as well.

1, 6, 11.

1 is 2.412

6 is 2.437

11 is 2.462

These are referred to what are called non-overlapping channels.  If you use anything in between you probably won't see much of a difference.  In any case if you refer to the following link you can see what frequency each channel is at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11#802.11g

Justin46
Legend

Here is a link to a Wikipedia entry that shows all of the channel frequencies used for wi-fi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

Maybe this will help. although just taking a quick look it appears you may have trouble finding a channel dthat won't conflict. But of course you can try each channel, one at a time, and see if there is one that does not conflict with your specific setup.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248