STB compatibility with Moca 2.0 and Moca 2.0 bonded
MoonDragn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've noticed some people have gotten WBC3000N and ECB2500 Moca devices to talk to their set top boxes. These devices are all moca 1.1 and the STB is also moca 1.1.

The question is, since Moca 2.0 is backwards compatible, why can't it connect to a ECB6200 which is a bonded moca 2.0 adapter? My attempts have all failed to connect to the STB showing the on demand, channel guide etc unavailable when using the ECB6200.

0 Likes
Re: STB compatibility with Moca 2.0 and Moca 2.0 bonded
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB are you using?

How is the STB connected?

The MOCA adapters don't talk to the STB.
They talk to your router.

0 Likes
MoonDragn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll have to check the model of my STB when I get home but I'm connected to the ONT through the G1100 gateway from the WAN port.  The Adapter is connected to the Lan port of the G1100 and the coax to the STBs. The STB have problems with on demand, channel guide etc when connected to adapter. No problems with those functions when connected to the G1100 moca coax instead.

So the question is, why? The verizon moca wan is at 1000 mhz and the moca lan is at 1150 mhz. The adapter can easily cover those frequencies... Is it a setup issue with the moca or the STB?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MoonDragn wrote:

I'll have to check the model of my STB when I get home but I'm connected to the ONT through the G1100 gateway from the WAN port.  The Adapter is connected to the Lan port of the G1100 and the coax to the STBs. The STB have problems with on demand, channel guide etc when connected to adapter. No problems with those functions when connected to the G1100 moca coax instead.

So the question is, why? The verizon moca wan is at 1000 mhz and the moca lan is at 1150 mhz. The adapter can easily cover those frequencies... Is it a setup issue with the moca or the STB?

Are you trying to get rid of the G1100? If you have a G1100 why are you using a MoCA adapter?

0 Likes