Samsung Smart TV does NOT connect to FiOS wifi
CustomerZeroOne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have two smart Samsung televisions, purchased within the last few years, which  suddenly, as of two days ago, fail to access the internet.  My FiOS Quantum router, which I upgraded to over a week ago, still feeds wifi fine to the other devices in the home (two Lenovo laptops, an iPhone, a Samsung Galaxy SIII, and an Xbox One S).  Only the two Samsung televisions developed this problem.  It seems calling either Samsung OR Verizon leads to frustration.

Any ideas? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Smart TV does NOT connect to FiOS wifi
jonjones1
Legend

@CustomerZeroOne wrote:

I've tried connecting to both the 5g and the 2.4g "channels".  Both respond with something like "connected to wifi, but not the internet".  I've rebooted the Quantum router, unplugged it for two minutes, and pressed the only little button on the device.  Same results.  

I don't know what's changed.  Like I said, I switched out the old FiOS router last week, and this problem just happened, simultaneously, to both Samsung TVs on Monday.  I'm loathe to call ANY "customer service", as this, from my experience, just wastes two hours soaked in Muzak and doing things anyone with a limited knowledge of tech would do anyway.

Unfortunately you are still trying to connect via WiFi. WiFi is undependable and my wife and I prefer a direct connection via ethernet. Buying ethernet cat6 and hooking to each tv is much faster and stable.

If you connect via direct hook up, and the issue continues I would say a possible bad router, or the smart tv’s would need to be reset to factory and then set them up as fresh and see if your tv has internet access.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where they connecting to 5g WiFi?

Have you tried connecting to 2.4g WiFi?

Have you rebooted router?

Do TVs connect to WiFi but don't get internet access?

jonjones1
Legend

@CustomerZeroOne wrote:

I also have two smart Samsung televisions, purchased within the last few years, which  suddenly, as of two days ago, fail to access the internet.  My FiOS Quantum router, which I upgraded to over a week ago, still feeds wifi fine to the other devices in the home (two Lenovo laptops, an iPhone, a Samsung Galaxy SIII, and an Xbox One S).  Only the two Samsung televisions developed this problem.  It seems calling either Samsung OR Verizon leads to frustration.

Any ideas? 

Want a real quick fix? Simply take a cat6 ethernet cable from the router to each tv.

this will be faster and more stable. Verizon’s. Quantum routers WiFi is not working to well at present.

We have both our 4K UHD tvs connected on ethernet. 

If you don’t have any more lan connections get a powered switch. It takes on lan spot but you can have 5,6,10 extra connections.

CustomerZeroOne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried connecting to both the 5g and the 2.4g "channels".  Both respond with something like "connected to wifi, but not the internet".  I've rebooted the Quantum router, unplugged it for two minutes, and pressed the only little button on the device.  Same results.  

I don't know what's changed.  Like I said, I switched out the old FiOS router last week, and this problem just happened, simultaneously, to both Samsung TVs on Monday.  I'm loathe to call ANY "customer service", as this, from my experience, just wastes two hours soaked in Muzak and doing things anyone with a limited knowledge of tech would do anyway.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CustomerZeroOne wrote:

Unfortunately you are still trying to connect via WiFi. WiFi is undependable and my wife and I prefer a direct connection via ethernet. Buying ethernet cat6 and hooking to each tv is much faster and stable.

If you connect via direct hook up, and the issue continues I would say a possible bad router, or the smart tv’s would need to be reset to factory and then set them up as fresh and see if your tv has internet access.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have several Samsung TVs of varying age (newest about 3 years old) that have no issues connecting to FIOS WIFI.

I assume you have checked TVs to see if there is a software update?

Might have to do it via USB.

Do you maybe have another router you can program as an access point to see if that makes a difference?

0 Likes
SethBD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. Cant check for an update if the TV is not connected to the internet and the router is not in close proximity to the TV so the Ethernet cable idea will

nor work . 

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes