Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Service Outage - How Do We Check?
thewritejerry
Enthusiast

How do I check if there is a DSL service outage in my area? Without having to log on to download the Verizon IN-Home software - which I can't do because my DSL service is out...

And yes, I have gone through all of the steps of checking the connections, powering off the modem for a while, reading tea leaves...

I have searched this web site from top to bottom and side to side looking for a service outage checker and have not found one. You would think it would be easy to have a link that says "Area Service Outages."

Magellan couldn't navigate the Verizon customer service web site.

I just want to know if the DSL service is out in my area so I know it's not a problem within my home only.

Please.

I even asked on the Verizon Service on Twitter and got no response.

Re: Service Outage - How Do We Check?
thewritejerry
Enthusiast

Actually, Twitter service did just get back to me.

But this web site is useless.

And you would think it would be simple to have a page called "Area Service Outages" so people could just quickly check...

thevigil
Enthusiast

Howdy, I received an e-mail from Verizon indicating they noticed an issue with our service and we could check on the status of any outage by clicking on this: www.verizon.com/outage. And sure enough, approx 8:10 pm my service went out - internet and fios. Checked all the connections I could find, rebooted the STB, unplugged the STB - didn't make a difference. Made the requisite call to customer service - Wednesday afternoon soonest time available.

However, checking the web site noted above, got this information:

Outage Alert - FiOS TV

An outage affecting all FiOS TV Channels has been detected in your area. Estimated Restoration time: 30-JUL-13 00:55:00  CDT

Outage Alert - Internet Access

An outage has been detected that impacts your ability to access the Internet, send and receive email, streaming video services, including FiOS Video On Demand. Estimated Restoration time: 30-JUL-13 00:55:00  CDT

So, I'm waiting patiently for 00:55:00 tomorrow morning to see what happens.

Be sure to make note of the outages web site in the text above.

0 Likes
thevigil
Enthusiast

Howdy again, serivce restored at approx 12:00 midnight (I know it's redundant).

0 Likes