Set up parental time limits on wireless router
philnlaura

I have a Verizon D-Link DSL-2750B wireless router that I would like to set up to prevent my 2 teenagers from accessing websites, email, IM, & gaming on the Internet between 8PM and 4:30PM on Sunday through Thursday.  This would give them online access between 4:30PM and 8PM only.  I have tried to set it up but they are unable to access the net during the times I had set up for their devices to be unblocked.  Can someone give me an easy walk through to know how to do this correctly?  Thanks!

Phil

0 Likes
Re: Set up parental time limits on wireless router
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would you be able to post the settings you have currently set in your Gateway? Screenshots or a readout of what you have would work.

0 Likes
philnlaura

I could do this, but I had to delete/clear out all the settings because it was blocking the internet when it wasn't supposed to & the kids needed it for school.

Basically, I've used both the Firewall (Access Control) settings and the Parent Control settings.  I've seen the devices connected when they're online & I've tried to set the policies for what I want blocked & then enter a new entry for when I want them blocked (Sun.-Thurs. starting at 20:00 hrs. & ending at 16:30).  Trouble is, when the devices try to access the Internet during the time it is not supposed to be blocked, they show that they are connected but the kids can't get online.

It can't be THAT difficult to set up a simple time limit.  When I called Verizon about helping me, I was told I would have to pay more money to Verizon just to be told how to do it.  That is unacceptable.  I shouldn't have to pay money just to be able to set a time limit for online acces for my kids.

0 Likes
philnlaura

So now I"m left replying to my own post because I've still not gotten any information or direction on what to do.  Top quality support Verizon.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is a peer to peer support forum. It is up to other members to reply to topics they are interested in.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 As directed take a screen shot

See as need be http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

#2 Then use the Attachment feature to upload the image.

0 Likes
philnlaura

I know how to do a screenshot & thought I answered the question about the settings.  Am I missing something?  What other Gateway settings are you talking about & where would I find it to take the screenshot?

0 Likes
philnlaura

Well here I am replying to my own post.  AGAIN.  I tried to post a screenshot of how I have my router configured but I got this message:

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

This hs been so enlightening.  First time in the forums & three weeks into the problem with no answer.

Thanik for all your help.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi philnlaura,

Please see the instructions on how to post an image here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

Please be sure to remove any personally identifiable information before uploading your image.

0 Likes
philnlaura

Can anyone determine if there's something wrong in the settings?

0 Likes