Re: Slow Download Speed - Tampa
w0rd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Issue is possibly resolved. Rebooted gateway at the CO. 1000 customers were affected.

Sucks that we had to fight to get something done.This could have been resolved a long time ago if our local network tech knew how the internet works. That should be a qualification for any network job. You should know what the internet is.

nick_d
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awesome! I just tested my connection here in the Seffner/North Brandon area, it's back to normal. Thanks everyone for being equally as persistent with support until it was resolved and for keeping us posted on results - w0rd, you rock.

We KNEW it wasn't our routers. Glad to be back up to speed. I guess I should cancel my tech call now.

From MLAB's test

Data rate check: maximum data rate was 30.905525 Mb/s
Loss rate test: zero losses in 86515 packets, loss rate less than 0.001156%

and from verizon's speed test

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
SendBufferSize set to [131768]
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 23.35Mb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 30.43Mb/s

jaball77
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a Festivus miracle!

Every speed test I run across the country  says 30mbps.  I get 0 packet loss.  Pingtest's line quality is an A.

Stinks that it took so much work to get anything done, but I'm glad it's fixed!

jaegertech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Congrats everyone on being persistent and annoying. Whoda thunk it that a problem affecting multiple users might have had a root cause further upstream than the last couple feet of fiber?

w0rd
Enthusiast - Level 2

*Seffner group hug*

perry1510

I have the Same problem as Tampa.  It takes an hour and a half or more to download a 20 minute video.  I was told this would be fixed, but it continues, yet I am paying for high speed connection.

0 Likes
RAJag

I am having very slow download speeds in Lakewood Ranch FL.

5 hours to download a HD movie.

0 Likes