Slow dsl upload
Florrum

I was having trouble playing online games when I decided to do a verizon speedtest, and the upload speed was slow. At some times during the test it seemed like the upload just dropped out. Overall the highest point during the test was .12 Mbps.  The upload speed according to the verizon website says it should be .384 Mbps. Not sure what to do,

0 Likes
Re: Slow dsl upload
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you see this issue at all times of the day? Do you use QoS on your router?

0 Likes
Florrum

Sorry for the long wait. I was using qos but have since reset my verizon 2750b to its factory settings, but the issue remains. During speed tests, the upload just seems to stop, and seem unresponsive, before going to about .3 - .4 Mbps. I have tested this at various times and it seems like it is similar at all times of the day. 

0 Likes
Florrum

I asked a verizon agent about this, and they said my line is maxed out at .130mbps even though my location qulaifies for enhanced dsl. I tried to explain this and then they said my computer needs a better processor to get the maximum speeds.Smiley Frustrated Please help! Smiley Indifferent

-After a long time explain that the processor doesn't have to do with dsl speeds, the agent blamed it on the lines coming into my house ... What's the next excuse?Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Florrum

Well it turns out the line here migh actually be capped at .130mbps upload, but I want to check with someone in the community to verify, so I know it's not just verizon saying that.

0 Likes