Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Tree branches on service lines
Deelah

My Fios service lines are being pressed on by a neighbor's overgrown tree from across a driveway between our houses.  Does Verizon offer tree trimming to keep my service active?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tree branches on service lines
jonjones1
Legend

You have a right to cut any portion that encroaches on your property line.

i have a neighbor that has a tree causing some distress to our fios, electrical and cable lines. I confronted the owner next door and warned him if the tree is not trimmed as to not cause us any distress.

however i used a chain saw and hacked the branch off at his tree. So problem solved for now. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Super User
Super User

@Deelah wrote:

My Fios service lines are being pressed on by a neighbor's overgrown tree from across a driveway between our houses.  Does Verizon offer tree trimming to keep my service active?

No. If a tree breaks the line, Verizon will come out and replace it with a new one. The tree trimming is the homeowner’s responsibility. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You have a right to cut any portion that encroaches on your property line.

i have a neighbor that has a tree causing some distress to our fios, electrical and cable lines. I confronted the owner next door and warned him if the tree is not trimmed as to not cause us any distress.

however i used a chain saw and hacked the branch off at his tree. So problem solved for now. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.