Troubleshooting wireless connection
jmmarak
I have a lenovo laptop that I am using and am trying to connect to my roommate's wireless internet. I cannot connect to the wireless network-I can see my roommate's network and I enter in the password but for some reason it does not connect.  I can connect to other wireless networks at work so the card is not the issue. When I take the ethernet cable from the wireless dsl modem/router and plug it into my ethernet jack I connect to the internet just fine. I have unplugged the modem but this has not worked at all. I am pretty sure that I am typing in the correct password. My roommate is a mac user and he has an airport extreme wireless router connected to the actiontec gt704WG modem via usb and ethernet cable. Would that make a difference? I downloaded airport for PCs and it says it cannot detect any wireless devices. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
0 Likes
Re: Troubleshooting wireless connection
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
What settings are you using for the wireless connection?
0 Likes
jmmarak
 From my laptop or the network?
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The settings on your laptop.
0 Likes
jmmarak
My wireless card is the intel wifi link 5100. It is set for 802.11n Channel width for band 2.4. In the value box it says 20 MHz only. Windows firewall is off.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
How about the encryption and type?
0 Likes
jmmarak

Where would I find that information? The network is a WPA2-PSK.

0 Likes