Verizon DSL and Direct TV on Demand Error
notechsupport
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up for Direct TV about 3 months ago and have been too busy to pay attention to the features.  Now that I have a moment, I realized that the On Demand service was never properly configured and it will not work because the internet will not connect.

I do not have any issue with any other device, but Direct TV says that the issue is with my internet service provider.

It seems that I need to change the configuration for the network settings, and I need Verizon's help to do that, but I was transferred to about 7 different people and four different phone numbers, then I couldn't hear the person on the other end and finally gave up.

Does anyone know how to change the settings so I can connect my internet to the Direct TV Box.

The options I can edit on the network setup are:

IP

Subnet Mask

default gateway

dns

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL and Direct TV on Demand Error
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Does the DirecTV Receiver support Automatic Configuration (or DHCP as I call it)? You can use that. Otherwise, set the IP address to 192.168.1.200, Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0. Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1 and DNS can be any publicly available DNS server or the ones Verizon provided you with to use. Two public DNS servers I use are 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3.

Just double check that you are in fact connected to your network on the DirecTV Receiver. It's something that can always be overlooked as out of the box these things should automatically configure themselves to connect once you tell it how to connect.
0 Likes
notechsupport
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know if the receiver supports Automatic configuration. How might I figure that out?

The default settings do not work, and the numbers you provided did not work either.

Dish says the network is connected, but the internet is not connected.  It listed error (13) with default settings and (22) with settings you provided.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Well, on searching around the Default setting for the Receiver should be to use DHCP, or Automatic Configuration to the network. Both error messages you are getting seem to be suggesting a physical network issue, meaning for some reason the receiver isn't able to connect to the network. When the receiver is using Default Network settings, or Automatic mode for other terms, does it obtain an IP address of 169.254.*.* by any chance? Are you using Ethernet or Wireless, and have you verified the connection medium (such as the Ethernet cable the receiver is using) as working on other devices?
notechsupport
Enthusiast - Level 1

The on-demand service now works if I disconnect the multi-room dvr adapter and hard wire the ethernet cable to the receiver, but when I do this, the dvr will not work on other sets.  Wireless configuration will not cooperate.  However, I think this is as good as it's going to get.

Thank you for trying to help, but at this point I am giving up on a fully functional service.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Bummer to hear about the loss of features. At least the On-Demand is working now. If DirecTV has a solution to the issue or you figure something out, be sure to let us know 🙂
0 Likes