Verizon DSL no DNS servers available
robertgartside

Hello,
I hav a problem with my DSL Internet Connection. I had chatted with 4 other reps last night but all the
chat sessions ended up disconnecting. Let me explain the issue.

The Router is Actiontec GT704WG gateway. I cannect to the router with verious devices including my laptops
and smart phones. None of the devices will connect to the Internet. Upon troubleshooting I'm getting the
message that no DNS Servers are detected. I have rebooted the router; when that didn't help I also pressed
the reset botton. Nothing helped.

DSL green light on front is blinking green light. The world/ globe icon is dark. All of my phones connected
to our LAN lines work. I tried the model from a diffent phone jack. That did not help either. I checked all
the wires and everything is plugged in tight.

This has been down for 5 days and I desperately need this for my job. Can someone please help me?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL no DNS servers available
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi robertgartside,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes