Re: Verizon Home Network Protection
jonjones1
Legend

As I have posted before, you must contact McAfee to get assistance getting this blight off your system (router) there is a McAfee uninstall program on the web if you do a google search. 

This home protection as you have found is not good. Verizon never should have made it that it cannot be uninstalled but it never thinks of the harm. 

0 Likes
Patamy

Verizon Fios app is having problems. They are apparently aware and are working on a fix. You will not be able to access the parental controls from your cell phone or ipad until they update the app with a fix. Access the parental controls from a router on a computer. Use chrome not Internet explorer. 

0 Likes
Mff1

There is no such drop down

0 Likes
Mff1

There is no “security settings” in there

0 Likes
Mff1

This is not working either

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

There is a poster stating click on the three ... dots and then you can scroll down and turn it off. No one at two other forums I visit have a easy solution.

easiest solution reset the router back to day 1 or buy your own router which Verizon cannot mess with.

0 Likes
MamaG77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Shutting it off does not remove it. You can't access parental controls even when you shut if off from a web browser.  Tells you to use the app

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

As I said so far I have read it is not easy to turn it off.

but a full reset of the router should disable it. Or buy your own router like an Asus or Netgear which cannot be messed with via Verizon 

0 Likes
StanSpotts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Top right corner of app are three vertical dots. Click there and you'll see the "Account & Settings" menu option. However, if you're seeing the stupid "We are activating your service. Check back soon." message, the option to disable home network security isn't there.  Catch-22 - you can't remove it until it works, and you want to remove it because it doesn't work.  Stupid UX.

And I wish the people that respond by telling you to go to the router via your browser to remove it actually verified there's an option to do that before posting a solution that isn't there...

Mag206
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m going on 3 months. No one from Verizon can figure it out. Great service 🙄👏🏻