Verizon-installed extender does NOT have the same name as the router
divehawks
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to the very limited information provided by Verizon:  https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/internet/fios/network-extender/wcb6200q-faqs

my verizon-installed FIOS extender should replicate the network names from my router (see below).  I have followed the instruction of removing the power for 5+ minutes and the old SSIDs are still there.  I've been on hold for 26 minutes so far waiting for Verizon support (and the chat function is "busy" right now).  So, can any of you do Verizon's job on this and offer a suggestion to get my router SSIDs replicating on my extender?  Thank you!

My Fios Network Extender is not replicating the Network name (SSIDs) from my router, what should I do?
You need to reboot the device by removing and reinserting the power cable of your Fios Network Extender. Within 5 minutes of the reboot, the Wi-Fi Name(s) should be configured on your Fios Network Extender.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon-installed extender does NOT have the same name as the router
divehawks
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I think I can offer an answer to my own question after spending a half hour with Mike on customer support.  🙂

The critical issue appears to have been that the extender needed a hard reset with a paperclip in the hole appropriately named reset (back of extender; held ~30 sec) -- just unplugging the power for 5 minutes did NOT give the desired result.

Hope this is accurate and helps out some other folks.

Good night...and thanks to Mike on phone support.  It took being on hold an hour to get him, but at this point I'm very glad I waited.

View solution in original post

divehawks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please note that I have read:  https://forums.verizon.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/FiOS_Internet/message-id/61572/thr...

It is probably worth noting that my coax from the ONT is split right outside the ONT (I watched the verizon tech do it), with one coax going to my router (upstairs), a second to my network extender, and a third to a STB.

0 Likes
divehawks
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I think I can offer an answer to my own question after spending a half hour with Mike on customer support.  🙂

The critical issue appears to have been that the extender needed a hard reset with a paperclip in the hole appropriately named reset (back of extender; held ~30 sec) -- just unplugging the power for 5 minutes did NOT give the desired result.

Hope this is accurate and helps out some other folks.

Good night...and thanks to Mike on phone support.  It took being on hold an hour to get him, but at this point I'm very glad I waited.

sgore2

I've tried all of these suggestions, nothing works, still have two wireless networks.  One which cannot be logged into.  I think Verizon should refund my and everyone elses money that brought one of these extenders.  They don't work.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try twitter support @verizonsupport

0 Likes