Verizon won't stop billing me for services they were unable to install
vznightmare

03/18/2015
Hello - I have been dealing with a serious and remarkably frustrating issue with Verizon. In November 2014 I moved into a new apartment. The previous renter told me he used Comcast for his Internet, but I had heard good things about Verizon's DSL, so I decided to try them out, rather than going to Comcast. Note: I do not, and have not used Verizon services in the past.   In 11/2014, a Verizon technician came to my house and attempted to install a phone line and the DSL connection. The technician was unable to install the connection, so I worked with a Verizon representative, a “Bennett” in a Maryland office, who assured me that, because the technician was unable to make the installation as promised, that my account would be cancelled and I would not receive a bill.   The technician took back the DSL router and went on her way. I had taken off a day from work to wait for the technician, so I was disappointed that I had wasted the entire day waiting around for her, but I thought the solution was fair enough, and later went with Comcast for my Internet.

Unfortunately, as Bennett, and, later on, numerous other Verizon representatives had promised, my account had NOT been cancelled. The next month, I started receiving bills for two different accounts (I think one is the phone line, and another is DSL services. Again, I do not and have not used any other Verizon services, so these bills are related to the failed installation in 11/2014). I called Verizon, spoke with another representative who assured me that the accounts had really been cancelled.   But every month since then (it is now March 2015) I have continued to receive bills from Verizon for a service I never used and was not fully installed, and some of these bills have even been sent to a collection agency, damaging my credit.  Every time I call Verizon they promise they are cancelling the account, but then, sure enough, I get another bill.  I am at am wits end with what to do—this situation is completely absurd and almost surreal.   I am a good citizen, I pay my bills and have excellent credit (until now). If you can do anything to assist me, please do. It feels like I am being harassed by Verizon, and this has wasted countless hours of my time.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't stop billing me for services they were unable to install
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't stop billing me for services they were unable to install
vznightmare

Only because I contacted the Better Business Bureau about this issue did someone from a higher level customer service tier start assisting me.  They've been calling me with regular updates about correcting this issue.  I'm more pleased with the customer service now, but it's a shame that I had to go *outside* Verizon to get any suitable attention to this issue after 6 months of nonsense.  And I'm not exactly holding my breath that they'll be able to solve this either.  But I shouldn't need additional assistance on this forum..... for now.  Thanks.

0 Likes