Verizon would rather lose a customer than take my money
jms

Last march I switched to Verizon's 'starter' dsl plan.   I used to have cable modem  service through time-warner and now am regretting the switch as the new service is miserably slow and the modem frequently looses the connection.   I called them this weekend to see if I could upgrade to the 'power plan' listed on the web at $29.99 a month.   I was told that was only for online customers, so I asked what it would cost just to increase my plan's speed.  They said it would be $41.99 a month.  I said ok that would be fine and then the fellow on the phone said I would have to renew my contract for another 12 months if I wanted it.    There was 'no possible way' they could change my service without forcing another 12 month contract.  

I told him that I would be cancelling my service in march and going back to cable modem if they would refuse to take my money and he said 'fine'.   All I wanted to do was to pay them more money in exchance for services for the remainder of my contract.  I guess Verizon just lost another customer.

~Jamie in Durham NC

Message Edited by jms on 12-23-2008 11:16 AM
Message Edited by jms on 12-23-2008 11:16 AM
0 Likes