WHY DOES this say my email "is registered" when I never registered here? SECURITY PROBLM
gina3010

I have always suspected someone hacks into my account. Where i live there are a few Verizon employees and I think they have probably much too much access.

I use outlook epxress for my email, but whenever I have had to log in to this verizon.com for anything, to my account to pay, when I paid that way, and now which is perhaps every six months, my password is changed. I **bleep** well know it is changed because each time I create a new one I write it down. You might make a mistake once, but not constantly.

Someone has hacked into my account, and i think it's someone who works for verizon.

Take this for example. I have never left a message or question on here. Yet, when I went to register, it said my "email was already registered." well hell THAT'S NEW TO ME.

i HAVE NEVER registered for this forum, this is the first  question I have made, first plea for help

verizon has NO SECURITY DEPARTMENT -- I HAVE CALLED AND get left on chronmic hold and even the people who answer the frigging phone have no idea what to do.

So they put you on hold and leave you there.

THAT IS ONLY A FEW OF THE ISSUES OF THIS HORRIBLE SERVICE:

TODAY I CALLED BECAUSE CHANNELS, ABOUT 40 OF THEM, ARE MISSING FROM MY TV. I HAVE SPENT NOW, TWO HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH VERIZON TRYING TO GET TECH SUPPORT.

I was on hold for 20 minutes and a little girl with a thick accent answers and she's "customer service " mothe rof God. She kept me on hold AGAIN AFTER I EXPLAINED what was wrong then she gets back on and it's still her. I am screaming now, judt get tech support. Well hell, if you can't get in touch person to person with tech support, and you have this long wait for a middleman, verizon needs to close down. It took three times to get a tech person who could help.

MEANWHILE, SHE DISCOVERED THAT MY BOX OUTSIDE HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH. NOW A TECH IS COMING TOMORROW TO FIX THAT.

SO OUTSIDE TAMPERING, THE BOX ON THE SIDE OF THE HOUSE.

SOMEONE HACKING AT MY ACCOUNT AND CONSTANTLY CHANGING MY PASSWORD, AND I BELIEVE VERIZON DOES WAY WAY TO MANY NASTY THINGS FOR THE LOCAL POLICE. SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO TRANSFER ME TO TECH SUPPORT, AND THIS RECORDING COMDS ON THE PHONE AND SAYS, IF THIS IS THE POLICE, PRESS ONE...ETC. ETC.

Where are our rights?

This is a serious problem here.

But my God, just getting soeone on the phone is a nightmare.

YOU AT VERIZON NEED TO CALL ME. YOU NEED TO ANSWER TO WHY MY PASSWORD KEEPS BEING CHANGED, YOU NEED TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT. YOU NEED TO FIND OUT WHY I COULD NOT USE MY REGULAR EMAIL, WHY IT WAS ALREADY "REGISTERED" WHEN I HAVE NEVER EVER USED THIS FORUM BEFORE IN MY LIFE. I HAD TO GO AROUND IN CIRCLES TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE A POST.

YES I AM SCREAMING BECAUSE THIS IS SOMETHIGN TO SCREAM ABOUT.

WE PAY A LOT FOR THIS SERVICE, YOU OUGHT TO BE ABLE TO REACH PEOPLE AND THE RIGHT DEPARTMENT FIRST CALL.

0 Likes
Re: WHY DOES this say my email "is registered" when I never registered here? SECURITY PROB
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, but I'm probably going to make you scream some more.  These forums aren't a channel for Verizon support.  They are peer-to-peer.  That means your talking to other customers here.

0 Likes
Re: WHY DOES this say my email "is registered" when I never registered here? SECURITY PROB
gina3010

yes i am asking other customers if this has happened ot them, and what do you t hink?

what would youj do to get help? Verizon security does nto answer/.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Lots of real hackers out there.  I doubt if its a Verizon employee.

They recently had a massive attack on their email, and are still trying to suppress it.  Angering customers because they have denied access from overseas and also screwed up access from user using some other domestic networks.

Phone Phish attacks are also now popular.  Including attacks pretending to be your local police department.

Reporting from Tampa bay, the hacked capital of the world. http://www.wtsp.com/story/tech/2015/01/05/hacking-tampa-hacked-florida-highest-rate/21297285/

0 Likes