Waiting Two Months+ for Service
J_24

I moved into a new Consturction and was advised I will have service installed 9/18/20. Two days prior to install date, I get an email saying "Thank you for changing your date to 10/16/20 (potentially)." I never received a phone call or voicemail explaining, and after reaching out, I was advised that Verizon is not ready to install and pushed me to another month. I asked if I could at least get a temp hotspot, and she told me that Verizon and Verizon Wireless are two separate companies and she had nothing for me. 

I work and have a teen who's school is 100% online. I have to leave my phone here just so she can do her work, or when I am home and in school, we both struggle through our Zoom meetings. The hotspot on my phone reached its max after one day of just school and the service is already terrible where I am at. 

I just need a solution from Verizon to get me through this tough period, if anyone could assist please. 

0 Likes
Re: Waiting Two Months+ for Service
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is very unfortunate for you. Overspending wireless data plan is very expensive. Can you negotiate with your neighbors to pull a temporary ethernet cable from their house? Make sure you check the town ordinances.

0 Likes
Re: Waiting Two Months+ for Service
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking mostly to other customers here.  While we can offer helpful suggestions, your issue is best served by a conversation with Verizon.

For best results, I suggest you contact their social media support team.  You can do that a variety of ways including tweeting @Verizonsupport.  My personal preference is posting over in https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.  Both methods will point you to a private chat where you can talk with a Verizon support person.  The social media team is often more helpful than the front line reps, so I suggest you give them a chance to help you.

0 Likes