Wake On WAN with Verizon MI424WR Router
andytang

I'm trying to turn on my computer over the internet. I've setup the port forwarding on the router, but my computer is still not turning on. I'm using an app on my mobile device. It works fine over LAN, but it's not working over WAN.

0 Likes
Re: Wake On WAN with Verizon MI424WR Router
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
andytang

How do I do the Telnet port (23) prompt thing? After i checked the option I'm not getting any promt to type in.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

You have to start a telnet client on your PC.

If you're running Windows, start a CMD window, then at the CMD prompt, type telnet.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Anti-Phish wrote:

You have to start a telnet client on your PC.

If you're running Windows, start a CMD window, then at the CMD prompt, type telnet.

To add onto this, if you have Windows 7 or 8, you have to enable Telnet. It doesn't come installed by default as a feature. That can be done by searching for "Turn Windows features on or off" from the Start Menu. Installing it is as simple as checking a checkbox and pressing OK.

0 Likes
osariase

is  anyone available to assist with this request.

0 Likes
ChrisShelby

I have done this and it still does not work even with my computer in the DMZ.  It only works from within my own network.  When i leave my network it's a no go.  I have tried everything but nothing works outside my network.  I'm not sure verizon can help because there is nothing for me to try except just run my network through another router.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes