Westell 327W dead - what is recommended for replacement?
ComputerMom

The Westell 327W has been dying a slow death, and finally died right before Christmas of course.  I assumed Verizon would send out a replacement, but just found out that it's not free.  They wouldn't say exactly what I'd get for $70, so I thought I'd shop around and find something better if possible.  I think I'd like to upgrade to N wireless if possible. and I assume I need a wireless modem/router.  Any recommendations?  I have a relatively new computer running Vista, so hopefully that is up-to-date enough.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Westell 327W dead - what is recommended for replacement?
ellen11

On-line you might like to use newegg.com. low prices and great service. Look for Belkin or New Gear. Check comments ie. reliability and dependability.

0 Likes
ComputerMom

I will check there, because Best Buy really has nothing.  I'm doing some research, and see that the Westell 327W was never a great product so I'm leery of what Verizon will sell me.  I know I want to look for IEEE 802.11n, dual if not simultaneous bands, 3-4 antennas, DSL compatible...  I was just hoping someone already purchased one and could recommend one that definitely works!  I'll check the online sites.

0 Likes
TopGun
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you only need single access go with a 6100 verizon modem

If you need multi-access & wireless get a 4-port verizon 7500 modem/router

0 Likes