What is the correct firmware update check URL for a Westell VersaLink 327W?
Demono

Hi, I was wondering what the correct URL is for the modem to check for updated firmware on the Westell VersaLink 327w. My model is the  D90-327W15-06 and its current firmware is 04.04.03

To clarify, I'm looking for the URL that goes in the box at the top of the upgrade page in the router's advanced settings. That link is a screenshot of what my page currently looks like.

Since I first got this modem 2 or 3 years ago, it has never been able to properly check for updates. I've tried changing the URL to point to the Verizon support page for manually downloading the firmware but that doesn't seem to work either. I'm guessing the URL should point to a specific file, possibly an xml or something? I don't remember what the original address in the box was but it didn't work anyway. 

I'm pretty sure I am running the latest version (04.04.03) and manually upgrading isn't a problem if a new version comes out but its always bugged me that the built-in check has never worked right for me so I figured I'd ask on here for the heck of it. At the very least I'd like it to be able to check version information even if it can't upgrade automatically.

Does the built-in firmware check work for anyone else using the 327w or similar model? If so, could you kindly copy/paste the URL on your modem's firmware page? Even if you have a different modem, it might help me figure out the right address for my own. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: What is the correct firmware update check URL for a Westell VersaLink 327W?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Go to http://www.verizon.net/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_contentDisplay&linkflag=use...

#2 Make sure that use save as.

#3 After you save the file, go into your router's upgrade screen.

#4 Then use the file that you downloaded earlier to upgrade the router..

--

If you have any questions as how to do this..

#1 Be sure to take screen shots.

#2 And be sure that you use tinypic.com as your image host.

0 Likes
Demono

Hi, thanks for the reply

However, I have already updated my firmware manually. My question isn't how to update the firmware, but specifically what is the correct URL that is supposed to be in the "Check at URL" box on the router's firmware page.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What URL is in there now?

#2 Is it the URL that I gave to you? I am not saying that is the correct URL for that button.

0 Likes