When will Verizon fix these DSL issues? Horribly slow speeds nearly all the time. 0.5Mbs down!
jtylerb
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will Verizon fix these DSL issues????? Horribly slow speeds nearly all the time. 0.5Mbs down!!!!!!

My DSL modem often locks up so I have to shutdown my network and wait fifteen minutes to clear the cache. I doubt that I could be any more disappointed in Verizon. I am about to get rid of all of my Verizon accounts. I talk to teh tech folks and they test my line. They say there may be a problem but that they can't do anything about it. What horrible customer service!!!!

Re: When will Verizon fix these DSL issues? Horribly slow speeds nearly all the time. 0.5Mbs down!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

0 Likes
Re: When will Verizon fix these DSL issues? Horribly slow speeds nearly all the time. 0.5Mbs down!
Mr_McLovin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem for over a month now. I started out with the 3/768 plan, and started having problems with very slow download/upload speeds and frequent disconnects. I went through the usual script with tech support, and the line tested bad at least 4 times. They have sent a minimum of 5 technicians out, and the problem remains. In my case, the cable between the pole outside my home and the junction box a block away is bad. They refuse to replace it, even though one of the techs has said he is out here every day because it is causing not only dsl problems, but problems with voice service as well. I was downgraded by the CO to 1.5/384 in order to stabilize the line. I downgraded to 1/384 and cannot even get that. My speed now is 500kbs/368kbs, and thats when it isn't disconnecting. I cancelled all of my phone service, and I'm on the verge of cancelling my wireless service too. And yes I know that Verizon doesn't have a controlling interest in the wireless part of the company. I feel your frustration, but don't expect alot to be done. Google Verizon DSL complaints and you will see alot of other people are having problems. It's a real shame, because alot of the verizon employees I've dealt with really do want to help. They just can't. Unless Verizon really decides to either stop selling DSL and copper phone service or properly maintain their copper physical infrastructure, I don't see a bright future for them. Good luck to you.

Plasma4
Enthusiast - Level 2

You'll have to upgrade to faster speed. More money, I have speeds close to yours. The bundle packages are not worth the headaches. I've been on phone weekly with Verizon. Nothing ever resolve (April switched to Verizon Bundle) and I've had slower internet than in 1990's with dial up. That's no joke. I'm having to pay extra money for faster speeds and this won't kicked in for a week. I was told on phone today, with billing rep., it would be Monday. Your told different things by each rep. Tech. Assistant was going to send out new modem!! Son came in and fixed for Verizon. Thankfully he came down. If your not a technical person go with a full service internet provider, is my advice. Sorry and hope  your problem is resolved soon. Mine has continued for 6 months, slow connection, dropped connection and sometimes no connection at all. I hired our IT guy from work to set up everything as Verizon could not help over phone set up. Again, I'm sorry no answers, just my 6 month experience.

jtylerb
Enthusiast - Level 1

dslr595148,

I have a Westell A90-220015-04 dsl modem and I have multiple networking items but the first after the modem is a DLink DIR-655. Even if I plug right into the modem I have the same problem. It isn't always that bad but I cannot nail it down to specific ranges of times throughout the day as I am not always around.

Thanks,

Ty

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok,

#1 In your D-Link router go to Status -> Device Info.

#2 At https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

just below the text that says The text below might uniquely identify you on the Internet is an IP Address.

#3 In the router at that screen, did you see the same IP Address?

#4 If no, to question 3:

a) with your web browser go to the Default Gateway listed there, and log-in as need be.

b) Please post the modem stats, from the modem combo.

I am not sure where this is located in your modem combo, it might be at System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats

#5 Only, if yes to question 3:

a) Go get the tool from http://www.dslreports.com/faq/7553

b) Disconnect your computer from behind the router, and connect your computer to the modem.

c) Install that tool.

d)

Once installed, don't forget to use ** CTRL-ALT-F7 ** to reveal several "hidden" tabs, the signal levels and error counters, so forth.

e) Post the info that is in the DSL tab.

f) If that fails, please post.

0 Likes