WiFi cuts out when phone rings
Badwolf11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have contacted support with no solution. Anytime the home phone rings, the internet cuts out. The service is in a condo. The router is connected to a dsl6300v. The router stays connected, but the light on the dsl box goes out when the phone rings. Someone please tell me there is a solution to this?! 

0 Likes
Re: WiFi cuts out when phone rings
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you have DSL service what you describe is very typical of a line filter problem, unfiltered device on the line, incorrectly installed filter, wrong type of filter used, faulty filter etc.

If you have static on the line all the time can also indicate a filter problem but could also mean a wiring problem, filters would be the first thing I'd look at though.

Badwolf11
Enthusiast - Level 1

That’s where I’m confused. We have FIOS so I’m not sure why we even have the dsl box. 

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You shouldn't have a DSL modem with FiOS, nor should the router be connected to it.  Something is really messed up with your setup or you don't know what service you have.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Badwolf1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.