Wifi out-Maintenance???
ilovefourpoints
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it goes like this....wake up, wifi is not working.  Work through the DIY on FIOS app

Get caught in a loop, and decide to call FIOS customer service.  10 minute wait, get useless Manila team (I believe Manila is the location), immedialtly ask for US customer support.  After 30 min on hold, I am told it is a maintenance program for 24 hours in the NYC/NJ area.  I asked how come no advance notice or anything on the apps or website.....probabaly an oversight I am told.  I then inquire it sounds like more of an outage, she says no, maintenance.  I am guessing that is to avoid providing mass credit to customers.  FIOS FAIL on this one.  Be honest, tell us using the channels you ask us to use, apps, web etc.  Fed up and not ok to treat us like this.  BTW, my monthly bill is $293.00.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi out-Maintenance???
jonjones1
Legend

@ilovefourpoints wrote:

So it goes like this....wake up, wifi is not working.  Work through the DIY on FIOS app

Get caught in a loop, and decide to call FIOS customer service.  10 minute wait, get useless Manila team (I believe Manila is the location), immedialtly ask for US customer support.  After 30 min on hold, I am told it is a maintenance program for 24 hours in the NYC/NJ area.  I asked how come no advance notice or anything on the apps or website.....probabaly an oversight I am told.  I then inquire it sounds like more of an outage, she says no, maintenance.  I am guessing that is to avoid providing mass credit to customers.  FIOS FAIL on this one.  Be honest, tell us using the channels you ask us to use, apps, web etc.  Fed up and not ok to treat us like this.  BTW, my monthly bill is $293.00.

Huh? If you mean your house wifi that is controlled via your router. Verizon Fios does not control your wifi. My quick fix is to simply unplug the router and count to 20 and plug it back in. The unit should work again. Now if the whole of Fios is down. Like TV, Phone and internet then it may be an issue at the ONT or it maybe that others in your area are out of service along with you. If all are affected then it could be maintenance but highly unlikely. Check with your neighbor and see if their service is down.

if not have Verizon send a tech out to fix your connection. 

The easiest fix is always a unplug and plug back in and let it fully initialize and then you should be ok.

Good Luck 

0 Likes