Wifi settings help
sld5085

I blocked new devices from connecting to our WIFI and now I can't remember how I did it. I want to remove this setting because we bought a new device we want to connect. I am using the myfiosgateway website. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi settings help
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't say what router you're using, but you likely enabled the Wireless MAC Authentication.   You'll need to login to the router and find this setting and either disable it or add the MAC address of the new device to the list.

The links to the user guides about have instructions on how to find the menu in question.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@Sld5085 wrote:

I blocked new devices from connecting to our WIFI and now I can't remember how I did it. I want to remove this setting because we bought a new device we want to connect. I am using the myfiosgateway website. 

I don't know what router you are using. However I can tell you the link for the Quantum Gateway G1100 and others here.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/networking/user+guides/user+guides...

The easiest way to remove previous settings in the router is to hit that little reset button on the back. Then you start fresh and new. 

Or under wifi wifi find your password and change it then when a device connects it will connect with the new wifi password. But all devices that are using wifi will need to use the new password. Make sure to use WPA/WPA2 and not wep.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't say what router you're using, but you likely enabled the Wireless MAC Authentication.   You'll need to login to the router and find this setting and either disable it or add the MAC address of the new device to the list.

The links to the user guides about have instructions on how to find the menu in question.