YouTube, Disney Plus and ESPN plus not working on certain devices when using Fios wifi
bonesteelm

I cannot get YouTube, Disney Plus or ESPN Plus to play videos when using Fios wifi on my Windows laptop, my Galaxy smartphone or on three separate Firesticks in my house. YouTube doesn't even load, it just says "site is not working" or something.

When I switch to mobile data on my phone, everything works properly, as it does when I go into the office and use the wifi there with my laptop. Everything also works on an iPad on the home wifi, but not my laptop, phone and Firesticks.

I tried all the usual fixes -- rebooting the router, reinstalling the apps, rebooting my devices -- and Fios online chat support tried all sorts of fixes before we got disconnected. Does anyone have any suggestions beforeo I go that route again? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: YouTube, Disney Plus and ESPN plus not working on certain devices when using Fios wifi
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you ever changed the DNS on the router?  If so, an incorrect setting can impact the entire local network.  If you don't know, try a factory reset on the router, as there are other settings that might have gotten messed up.

What's your router model?

View solution in original post

Re: YouTube, Disney Plus and ESPN plus not working on certain devices when using Fios wifi
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've been watching videos on YouTube for an hour or so and everything seems to be in order. šŸ¤”

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you ever changed the DNS on the router?  If so, an incorrect setting can impact the entire local network.  If you don't know, try a factory reset on the router, as there are other settings that might have gotten messed up.

What's your router model?