Youtube issues - Verizon throttling?
cermd1

I have FIOS 50/50 and an Actiontec MI424 WR Rev. 1 router.  After watching about 4-5 Youtube videos (each about 3-4 minutes each in length) on my smart TV (Vizio), I have a serious slowdown when I watch any additional videos, until Youtube basially becomes unusable (1-2 more videos).  It is odd to me that the first videos streaam with no issues at all, and then the ablility to use Youtube on the TV basically becomes unusable.   

0 Likes
Re: Youtube issues - Verizon throttling?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Try watching the same videos on a computer. My guess is that the TV is the problem.

0 Likes
Re: Youtube issues - Verizon throttling?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@cermd wrote:

I have FIOS 50/50 and an Actiontec MI424 WR Rev. 1 router.  After watching about 4-5 Youtube videos (each about 3-4 minutes each in length) on my smart TV (Vizio), I have a serious slowdown when I watch any additional videos, until Youtube basially becomes unusable (1-2 more videos).  It is odd to me that the first videos streaam with no issues at all, and then the ablility to use Youtube on the TV basically becomes unusable.   

We had a similar issue with our smart TV when streaming Youtube or Netflix. Turned out to be the Smart TV itself running out of memory, because it wasn't clearing properly.

You might check with Vizio to see if they have any solutions. We ended up getting a Roku and the problem hasn't happened since.

0 Likes