how can i fix this wireless issue?
Ptnguyen
Enthusiast - Level 3

My problem is, few days now my wireless router either not showing my SSID or give me Worst signal even though im far from it like 5ft.,it sometime load fast then right back slow.

but when i run a speed test on verizon website i get a decent

21Mbps download  and 15mbps upload

and this happen to almost all my devices, tivo, iphone, xbox360 and laptop.

how can i fix this problem.

this is the first issue that i have with this router.

Im currently using a

Firmware Version: 20.10.7.5 Model Name: MI424WR-GEN2 Hardware Version: E

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how can i fix this wireless issue?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@Ptnguyen wrote:

My problem is, few days now my wireless router either not showing my SSID or give me Worst signal even though im far from it like 5ft.,it sometime load fast then right back slow.

Im currently using a

change the wireless signal.  you can do that in the router.   open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1

user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it.

}Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 which is channel

1, 6 and 11 and are the only channels you should try.

So it will likely be set to auto, change it to 11 and put the check for keep settings even after reboot (Directly under the channel) and then hit apply.,

after you hit apply,  test your connection out, if you notice a difference, leave it like that until the problem happens again, and if it happens again, go back into the router, and try channel 6,     test it out.  and then finally 1 if the first two don't work.

Also take a look at page 2 of Actiontec's Wireless PDF File.  It gives you some idea's with regards to position and orientation of where the router sits and how it can best be positioned for maximum coverage.

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

@Ptnguyen wrote:

Im currently using a

change the wireless signal.  you can do that in the router.   open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1

user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it.

}Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 which is channel

1, 6 and 11 and are the only channels you should try.

So it will likely be set to auto, change it to 11 and put the check for keep settings even after reboot (Directly under the channel) and then hit apply.,

after you hit apply,  test your connection out, if you notice a difference, leave it like that until the problem happens again, and if it happens again, go back into the router, and try channel 6,     test it out.  and then finally 1 if the first two don't work.

Also take a look at page 2 of Actiontec's Wireless PDF File.  It gives you some idea's with regards to position and orientation of where the router sits and how it can best be positioned for maximum coverage.

Ptnguyen
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks it work now!

0 Likes