incredibly frustrated with service - hope Customer Service is monitoring this forum
heathmama

Our internet modem needs to be rebooted continually.  We spent hours on the phone with Verizon a couple of months ago, and they said they were sending new filters for our land line.  They never arrived.  I don't think that is the problem anyway, since we have now unplugged the land line altogether. 

I just tried to call Customer Support because I am trying to work today and the problem is making that very difficult.  I called 6 times and got cut off 6 times (even when I selected the choice to "add new services"!!!)

I just finally got through and am on hold again.

In case I am cut off again (or give up in frustration) I would like a direct communication from a Verizon technical support person or supervisor who might be able to help. 

Respond to this post with contact information.

Thank you.

A frustrated customer.

0 Likes
Re: incredibly frustrated with service - hope Customer Service is monitoring this forum
heathmama

Ha!  As I expected, I was DISCONNECTED AGAIN!!!

0 Likes
Re: incredibly frustrated with service - hope Customer Service is monitoring this forum
AAT2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't work for VZ.  But if you are rebooting your Verizon Wifi router because you can't get to the internet despite the WAN light being green, you have probably fallen prey to the IGMP Proxy issue.  On the VZ router, there is an option that is located here on your router for IGMP Proxy.  Disable it:
http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059  

It cured my disconnection issue and needing to reboot my router regularly.

0 Likes