installation question
mikecove

Hello,  I am having VZ install Fios tomorrow.   I have two wireless routers currently with cable internet.  I want to keep that, however i want one wireless router upstairs and one downstairs.  I do not have Cat5 throughout my house. 

Question.  Can Verizon install two hardwired Internet connections over coax? (i will attached one wirleless router to each hardwired internet connection)

0 Likes
Re: installation question
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@mikecove wrote:

Hello,  I am having VZ install Fios tomorrow.   I have two wireless routers currently with cable internet.  I want to keep that, however i want one wireless router upstairs and one downstairs.  I do not have Cat5 throughout my house. 

Question.  Can Verizon install two hardwired Internet connections over coax? (i will attached one wirleless router to each hardwired internet connection)

mikecove,

The simple answer here is no.  You can't have more than 1 active WAN connection connected to your Optical Network Terminal.

There are work-arounds, however.  For example, you may want to cosider one of the following:

1. If you obtain a 2nd MoCA router, you can turn that router into a MoCA bridge
  2. You can look into Powerline ethernet
  3. Connect the WAN side of your 2nd (pre-existing) router to the Verizon-provided router wirelessly (wouldn't recommend this)

I hope one of those work for you.

Regards,

Chris