internet connection dropping
hilarydee

For a while our internet connect has been randomly dropping and usually we had to call verizon and hsve them reboot the ONT in order to get it workign again.   So we recently had a tech out to look at our internet connectivity issues and he replaced the ONT and the router.  We had the old black router and he gave us a new red one with gigabit ethernet and wireless N.  He also said that the coax coming out of the ONT was loos so he tightened it.

All was well for about a day or so and then yesterday, i could nto get to any web pages from any of my computers or devices (wireless or wired).  I logged into the router and it said the internet connection was ok.  The WAN light on the router was green like normal, but we still could not connect to anything.  After abotu 5 minutes, everythign kicked back on but was very slow.  then after abotu another 5 minutes, all was back to normal.

I looked in the logs for the router and didnt see anything out fo the ordinary.  I don't know what to do.

I noticed a thread with other users experiencing what looks like the same problem and there appears to be no resolution...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Intermittent-FIOS-Connection/td-p/454717

0 Likes
Re: internet connection dropping
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the connection troubles. Have you tried either rebooting therouter or factory resetting it to get it back stable?

0 Likes
hilarydee

I have tried that and often that will resolve the problem but it will nto prevent it from happening again.  The bigger question is what is causing this to happen in the first place and why does it happen so frequently.  I should not have to reboot my router (or set it to factory defaults) every few days.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You are correct. You should not be having to do this repeatedly. I suggested this in case it has not been done before. There can be the occasional flukes that are fixed by rebooting. It seems there's a bigger problem here though. We would like to take a much deeper look into this. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
Posie1

I am experiencing a similar problem. I started receiving 'no connections available' on my laptop. Now I also receive that message on my desktop and most frequently on my TV. When I troubleshoot on my laptop/desktop it says a network cable may be broken or unplugged and then resets my network adaptor.  But the problem keeps rreoccuring.When a technician was recently at my home because of Fios TV problems (which are still unresolved), I asked him to look at my router. He said he could tell by looking at the lights that there was no problem there. I am still experiencing this very frustrating problem. What should be my next step? Thanks

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Posie wrote:

I am experiencing a similar problem. I started receiving 'no connections available' on my laptop. Now I also receive that message on my desktop and most frequently on my TV. When I troubleshoot on my laptop/desktop it says a network cable may be broken or unplugged and then resets my network adaptor.  But the problem keeps rreoccuring.When a technician was recently at my home because of Fios TV problems (which are still unresolved), I asked him to look at my router. He said he could tell by looking at the lights that there was no problem there. I am still experiencing this very frustrating problem. What should be my next step? Thanks

Ask Verizon for a new router, if it isn't rebooting for some reason due to a poor signal. It sounds like it's rebooting if it is happening on multiple computers at once.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you  and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

0 Likes