my fios app "device can't be assigned"
CharlieM1

All of the children's devices have static IP addresses. These addresses are used to control the devices via my fios Parental Control. Each device is assigned to a profile and it worked perfectly.

Recently my Quantum router was replaced and I now have a device that can no longer be assigned. I have two xboxes, although only one is now exhibiting this issue. The message from within the my fios appl is that the "Device can't be assigned".

I opened a ticket with app-support, the response is to call Verizon fios, Verizon fios says to open a ticket with app-support, rinse, repeat.

Only after a router replacement did this surface. The device looks fine within the quantum ui. Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: my fios app "device can't be assigned"
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you log into your My Verizon through the browser, can you see all your devices on the manage Internet page? If not, the new router (what model is that? G3100 presumably) has not linked to your account successfully.

If you need official support, please contact Fios support through social media channels (Twitter or Facebook) or online chat at 24/7/365. Phone support should be your last resort for saving your precious time and reducing stress on support Centers.

0 Likes
CharlieM1

Yes, all devices are present in both the Quantum UI, and the my-fios appl. The issue is in the my-fios appl, specifically the "Connected Devices" section. When I click on the device, is shows online, has the correct IP address, but also includes the status of "Device can't be Blocked"  and "Device can't be assigned".

0 Likes
CharlieM1

Fios-G1100, v1.0.410, 02.0300.04

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you see your devices at My Verizon https://www.verizon.com/home/myverizon

0 Likes
CharlieM1

NO

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok. This indicates that your G1100 is not associated to your account. You might need to factory reset the G1100 (you will lost all the settings in doing so. It is a good idea to save the configuration to a flash drive). You might also need to contact official Fios support and ask the service representative to map the G1100's serial number to your account. Please contact 24/7/365 Fios support through social media channels (Twitter or Facebook) or online chat. Phone support should be your last resort for saving your precious time and reducing stress on support Centers.

0 Likes
CharlieM1

Verizon Hell......

At this point Verizon has replaced the ONT, replaced the Quantum twice, and recently replaced the Quantum with the new home router; the problem persists.

Why does Verizon continue to replace hardware for software issues; 1990's mentality.

I can control the device via the myverizon.com UI, but not via the my fios appl. The data in the myverizon.com UI is not the same data in the "Connect Devices" section of the my fios appl. Even the Verizon STB names are different (MAC address vs name).

Where is this data coming from as it's corrupted in both places?

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should not compare the data between the My Account online and MyFios app. You should compare the data with your router's GUI since it has the most accurate data (it has to be accurate). Verizon backend pulls data from your router and populates the My Account online and MyFios app. It seems your MyFios app is having issues. Try uninstall and reinstall the App.

0 Likes
CharlieM1

Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times. The device is fine in the 3100 UI and can be controlled. Although the same device has "device can't be assigned" and can NOT be controlled in the my fios appl.

Does uninstalling the my fios appl possibly not truly purge all the data from the iphone?

0 Likes