Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
new customer
sue3772

I just switched to Verizon Fios from Comcast Exfinity.  Comcast offered Norton antivirus for free.  Does Verizon offer a free internet security program?

0 Likes
Re: new customer
lasagna
Super User
Super User

No.   They offer a packaged solution (VISS) for a fee, but I would highly recommend you avoid it.  It's not worth the price or aggrevation.

Download one of the many good free anti-virus products (AVG, Avast, Avira, to name a few) or invest in a good fee based product from a reputable vendor (my current favorite is GFI Software's ViPRE -- it has a very light footprint/impact on system performance, it's relatively inexpensive, has a "home user" license model which covers all machines in the house, and since installing it I've not had any virus or malware outbreaks -- and in the unlikely event one occurs, they will work with you to disinfect the machine for free).

Re: new customer
RMN3
Enthusiast

Just download Microsoft Security Essentials for free. Even though its free, I think its better than Norton and many other paid antivirus tools. Avira and Avast are other free options that are both very good.