Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
no internet more than a week Setauket ny (network failure)
mariac1

I have not had internet for more than a week. A technician came from verizon last monday, and determined that it is a problem in the network (network failure). Customer service is useless, it even got the technician upset because they only go throut the trivial trouble shouting, but did not check anything further. I have not information about what verizon is doing to solve the problem. According to the second ticket it should have been resolved yesterday. The first two prior tickets do not show up in the system. What should I do? Who should I contact? Any other in the area with the same problem?

0 Likes
Re: no internet more than a week Setauket ny (network failure)
KH-OrnEsh1

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@mariac wrote:

I have not had internet for more than a week. A technician came from verizon last monday, and determined that it is a problem in the network (network failure). Customer service is useless, it even got the technician upset because they only go throut the trivial trouble shouting, but did not check anything further. I have not information about what verizon is doing to solve the problem. According to the second ticket it should have been resolved yesterday. The first two prior tickets do not show up in the system. What should I do? Who should I contact? Any other in the area with the same problem?

0 Likes
smith6612
MVP MVP
MVP

If the network was down for more than a week, I'd think we would hear more about it to be honest. What is your modem indicating? Is the DSL Light flashing or is it solid? Is your Internet Light Out or turning Red, or is it Green?

0 Likes
mariac1

The modem, lights and everything in the house is fine. A technician from verizon checked it all, and determined that it is a network failure. Verizon then hasn't solve the problem, and does not explain what is doing to solve it.

I asked verizon if they have other complains and they said yes, and I asked how many and they said it is confidential.

Every time i try it takes more than 40 minutes to get through to somebody after having to explain every time that i checked all the lights, and that a technician checked all the lights (all green, algreen, .....), and that the problem is somewhere else.

I did not get a private e-mail from verizon with any extra information.

0 Likes
smith6612
MVP MVP
MVP

Hmm, interesting...

By chance, can you provide your modem logs? I know it's rather pointless and I'm sure it's a network problem, but if you're down for more than a week, I'm curious what is going on. PPPoE failure or inability to route. PPPoE issues would show up in the logs. Inability to route will show up if the modem is holding an IP address, but performing a traceroute to say, the IP address 8.8.8.8 will fail to go past the Verizon Edge Router for example, or not even reach it despite the modem having a PPPoE session and an IP address from the network end of things.

Oh, and if you got a message from Verizon via these forums, there's a PM Link at the top right of this forum by the forum search box. If there's a golden envelope, you've got a message.

0 Likes
mariac1

thanks for your suggestions.

the router is not holding an IP address.

I will try to check the log

I don't have any messages (golden envelopes)

0 Likes
mariac1

Internet is back!

Still don't know what exactly happened with the network, but happy that is solved.

0 Likes
smith6612
MVP MVP
MVP

Glad to hear it was fixed.

0 Likes