slow connection/ disconnect
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

I been having trouble since 3 days ago. Slowness/disconnect.

Why am I having this problem? I have been disconnected/ lagging on my pc games which is connected via ethernet. I am getting 20/22 on my speedtest instead of 25/25 which is a little slower. I am even getting 15/5 on my wireless laptop/iphone. Now before you tell me you aren't going to get the promised speed on wifi I don't need that. I get full speed all the time but it's happening for 3 days on all devices. Even my brother in law laptop is slow and my sister laptop is slow on internet.  What can I do about it? I tried changing the ip address. I tried resetting my router which is a netgear wnr2000. I don't know what else to try.

0 Likes
Re: slow connection/ disconnect
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

You can try Factory reset the router. back of router use a small pin to press the reset button for few seconds. and you can also try manual reboot the ONT.   unplug the power cord from outlet and unplug battery, then plug it back in.

Wireless speeds are not guaranteed.  The best speeds are achieved over Ethernet Cat5 wired connection.

This does not work. call tech support have them send you a new router.

good luck.

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

You said to reboot the ONT. Does that mean unscrewing the white box that is on my wall outside my house and pressing a button? 

I get full wireless speed everytime it's just this pass 3 days along with ethernet problems.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@skyliner34 wrote:

You said to reboot the ONT. Does that mean unscrewing the white box that is on my wall outside my house and pressing a button? 

I get full wireless speed everytime it's just this pass 3 days along with ethernet problems.

Disconnect the battery then unplug from the 110 ac.  Wait a while then plug it back in and remember to reconnect the battery.

0 Likes
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

your ONT might be going bad. contact Verizon so that they can run tests on the ONT box.

0 Likes