slow internt
Darlene

Had to sign a contract and it started out all good now it takes forever just to pay a bill or check my mail. Help!!!

0 Likes
Re: slow internt
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

#3 What software firewall is on your computer?

0 Likes
jojo451

So I have FIOS service which is supposed to be super fast!  Guess what is the slowest site on the Interenet?  Verizon.net.  I cannot see my bill nor can I pay online.  Guess they don't need my payment.  This is a recurring problem for this company. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jojo45 wrote:

So I have FIOS service which is supposed to be super fast!  Guess what is the slowest site on the Interenet?  Verizon.net.  I cannot see my bill nor can I pay online.  Guess they don't need my payment.  This is a recurring problem for this company. 

The Internet is going to be as slow as the weakest link unfortunately. If a website owner fails to ensure their code is optimized enough to handle the load and they have enough processing power in the backend, things will naturally slow down or start erroring out. If the server is on a 10Mbps pipe or is on a bargain basement transit provider who saturates their links, things will slow down. You can have the fastest connection in the world and this weakest link won't change. Shows true for my Web Server, which despite being on a Gigabit Ethernet connection and having access to 6 High Quality Transit Providers, still manages to download content at around 1MB/s many times from servers during the evening hours. That's a little less than 10Mbps. If I try early enough in the morning to some websites, I can do a full 125MB/s, though those same servers get loaded down during the day and can probably only dish out at most 30MB/s or less.

Oh, and even with the impressive routing I get on that server too (far better than anything you'll find on a residential connection), browsing can still be extremely slow if a site is loaded down.